Sunday 31 August 2008

`Idol' alum Ace Young to make Broadway debut

NEW YORK �

Another "American Idol" alum is heading to "Grease" on Broadway.


Ace Young, who competed on time of year five of the Fox show, joins the wander Sept. 9, playing Kenickie in the revival of the popular musical.


The 27-year-old singer-songwriter - known for his pretty looks and falsetto vocals - will make his debut two days after fellow "Idol" Taylor Hicks completes a two-month erolia minutilla as Teen Angel. Hicks took home the "Idol" title in 2006.


Young testament perform through Jan. 18.


"I'm really frantic," he aforementioned. "I had a circumstances of things kind of open up for me and when the role of Kenickie was offered, it's something that I've always cherished to do as a kid. That's always been my favourite role from `Grease.'"


Young likes that Danny Zuko's right hand man is a guy's guy.


"That's a big side of me that a spate of multitude don't know," he aforesaid. "They didn't get to see that on `Idol.' You know, I feature four sr. brothers. I was never trying to even care about what I was wearing. I was hardly trying to survive at the household."


---


Fox is a unit of News Corp.


---


On the Net:


http://www.fox.com/










More info